GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a government issued 1999 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4. It has rubber flooring, manual windows, a flip down tailgate, totally 'no-frills' vehicle. I've heard these come with a beefier suspension (solid axle front, 14 bolt rear) but want to confirm what these come with other than regular 'stock' Suburbans of this model year. It doesn't have cruise, a 3rd seat, or much of anything really, except power door locks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stevo

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't know about beefier, but mine is probably the most solid truck I've owned.
The front axle is IFS, the rear is a 14, I think - mine has a locker. I have a floor shifter for 4wd, but I don't know if its mechanical or electric. Mine has a spot for a second battery, but didn't come with it, and has the trailer wiring package.

Other than that, I haven't found too much different except for "Paint Etch Protection", which is usually only on Hawaii bound vehicles, I've been told; the much cooler work truck grille, and the ability to keep the inside cleaner than it's carpeted counterparts.

You can get a 3rd row seat if you want it - the pockets should be there, and if you put in a trailer brake, I'll send you a pic of where to wire in to.

Good luck, and post a picture!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
042411192635.jpg Here she is! Yeah, 2 battery slots (for the diesel option) for sure. A solid truck, but I have to get rid of her due to gas prices and a 44 mile round trip daily......

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
That's a great looking truck, sorry you have to get rid of it. My uncle's looking - how much are you asking?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts