GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys still messing around with my 2011 1500 but decided not to do much. My question is what is your take on the 2" leveling kit for a GMT 900 model truck? You think it will do a lot of harm to my ball joints and tie rods? If so let me know I got a cat back too but that will be harmless. Its a Daystar non strut dis assembly Polyurethane and here is the link. Just want the take because the dealership is pretty anal about everything else I asked about. http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/KG09105BK-silverado-leveling.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think there is really much difference? I mean I dont care about the exhaust they said that was fine but the leveling kit they said was my choice? I guess I just want to know if it will put more harm on the ball joints and tire rod ends?

·
Registered
539 Posts
i highly doubt it, i havent seen a rise in people needing to replace the ball joints and tierod ends. the majority of the users here have leveling kits

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A leveling kit will have minimal if any negative effect on wear and tear of front end suspension components and ride quality.

·
Registered
490 Posts
level it for sure, everyone i kno that has leveled their silverado has never had a problem with it, i even have mine leveled and i havent had a problem with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys! Unfortunately for the cat back I live in Maine. Its got a nice moderate tone but not too loud :/ The Flowmaster Super 50 Series getting them put on tomorrow, pretty excited.

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont forget to get an alignment after the level..mine went out alot, i also went from 245s to 285s at the same time

·
Registered
70 Posts
Definatly a big thing on the forums is leveling kits. Got mine leveled off 2 weeks after buying the truck. Normal wear and tear as stock. Had mine on for 40,000 miles now and nothing, but a better stance for the truck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
asame here...had mine the week the truck was bought lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts