GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my truck here to look at, and I didn't make myself take a good enough mental picture. I know one of the little hoses on the water pump is called the "bypass hose", but what is the other one? I assume it is the "water pump to intake manifold" hose but the chick at the parts counter said they were the same part number. One looked longer to me. I should have taken them off. I don't want to try "universal fit" crap.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Did you try Rock Auto to see if any of the diagrams are close to what you need?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If you go to online parts stores, you will get the info you need most of the time. Some even have exploded views showing all parts in the area of concern.
Try it. Good luck

Reactions: silverado002

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try Rock Auto to see if any of the diagrams are close to what you need?
Yeah, later I looked and they show one hose at a little over 7" and one a little over 5", so that's the ones. However, later double-checking with the parts store and one p/n came up as a power seat switch or something and the other didn't cross-reference as anything. The RockAuto listing for the 7+" hose was an AC elco part and said GM Original Equipment. The 5+" hose was an AC Delco also, apparently a higher level "Gold" replacement part.

I didn't see their names or descriptions though. One bypasses the thermostat to I suppose not dead-head the pump when the 'stat is closed. The other I guess is part of the heater flow circuit. The parts store was finding "heater hose" and showing stock cut-to-length straight hose.

Advance has the 2 different lengths, but the shorter one doesn't confirm the diameter. It's an order-in item, so I didn't mess with it. I found one thing that said you simply cut a 7+" one down to fit in the shorter one's spot, so I'm going that route with NAPA hoses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts