GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 gmc with a 4.8 in it and my buddy has 2001 with a 4.3 in it. My gas guage has not been working since beginning of winter or around 100k his has not worked since he bought it. it will bounce from empty to full to half...just all over the place. does anyone else have this problem with their trucks?? or maybe some advice without dropping the tanks?? its really irritating.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
You both have the famous gm sending units that actually didnt send anything after a few miles. Dropping the tanks is pretty easy and straight foward. Only thing i can really think of is be sure you have a near empty tank, and if you have alot of rust under the truck a giving the bolts a shot of PB blaster will help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this is a common problem?? do i just get a new sending unit or can it be fixed with out buying a new one?? do not know much about this problem at all. need as much advice as i can get before i jump into it.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Nope you will need new sending units. they will come with upgraded connectors etc, so the problem shouldnt happen again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts