GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced front calipers, rotors and pads. when i hit the brakes, the whole front of the truck feels like it's going to vibrate apart. the abs light was on due to broken wires on the passenger side, but that was an easy fix with heat shrink butt connectors.

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Did this start after you changed the parts; or did you change the parts because of the problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was doing it beforehand. I thought that the rotors were warped. I bought the brake package from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Could be a lot of things. Did you clean the rotors with brake clean upon installation and clean and lube the caliper slide pins etc? Did you check front hubs for play? Excessive steering linkage and suspension play can cause the brakes to wobble/vibrate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just replaced front calipers, rotors and pads. when i hit the brakes, the whole front of the truck feels like it's going to vibrate apart. the abs light was on due to broken wires on the passenger side, but that was an easy fix with heat shrink butt connectors.
My 02 was doing the same thing so I did like you and got new rotors and pads for the front thinking the rotors were bad. After the brake job it still was the same, so I went ahead and got new brakes and rotors for the back, now it stops perfectly. Your truck might also be in need of a front wheel alignment, tires needing to be balanced is something to look at too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts