GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so this may sound stupid bc im not sure what its called but bare with me. so i want to know if there is any wiring or anything underneath the panel in between the drivers side window and the windsheild, that slanted piece, i cant figure out how to remove it and and i want to mount something there and want to make sure i dont screw into anything any advice will help
thanks, Zach

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
If you're talking about the A pillar, possibly wiring for the dome light comes down through there, I'm not sure on your year. If you're talking about the kick panel, yes there is usually wiring behind that panel that comes from/to any electrical acc you have in the drivers door, such as power windows, power mirrors, mirror defrost, mirror TS indicator. I would never drill into a blind panel without looking first. It's just not worth the grief. Which ever panel you're asking about, start a new thread & ask how to take it off a 2000. Someone with a 2000 will be able to tell you how to take it off so you can look behind it & avoid any wiring or obstructions.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I think you are talking about the trim panel on the windshield pillar. If you are, there is some wiring there and it is fairly easy to remove. You just have to pull on it (mostly toward you and slightly toward the center of the dash) until the clip frees, then wiggle it a bit to get the bottom channel disconnected from its little interlock-type thing with the dashboard. The wiring in there is basically for the dome light, overhead console if you have it, and your auto-dimming mirror or any electronics your truck might have in the mirror.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts