GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Suburban LT 5.3 with automatic climate. I can't get the blower motor working. I have tried two used dash control units, one reman dash control unit and 2 blower resistors(1 aftermarket and 1 OEM). All fuses are good and the 3 fuse ports have power. Both heater core hoses get similarly hot. The dash unit lights up and sends 13.5 volts to the blower resistor. No voltage comes out of the resistor regardless of control unit settings.The blower motor tests good when isolated from the circuit. I checked the interior temp sensor and ambient temp sensor in the grille. They both work. I thought maybe the blower resistor had no ground since it is just screwed onto the plastic heater housing, so I added a ground to it. This did not help. I wonder if there is any other part I have overlooked to get the power to pass through the resistor and on to the blower motor. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
-+

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2005 GMC Sierra with climate control. I've had to replace the Blower 2 times, and the Resistor 4 times. The connection to the resistor heats up to the point of melting a couple of the pins. Check the power in the Resistor plug / connection. That's where mine has been, more often than the Blower.
Good luck with your repair, I'm hoping someone will read your post and have a quick (and cheap) answer to both of our concerns.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2005 GMC Sierra with climate control. I've had to replace the Blower 2 times, and the Resistor 4 times. The connection to the resistor heats up to the point of melting a couple of the pins. Check the power in the Resistor plug / connection. That's where mine has been, more often than the Blower.
Good luck with your repair, I'm hoping someone will read your post and have a quick (and cheap) answer to both of our concerns.
Thank you. The plug looks good, but i am going to replace it anyway in case there is some hidden damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts