GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm confounded by this issue. The truck has a new fuel pump, coils, plugs maybe year old, wires changed with plugs, new egr valve and new air cleaner. I took it to a garage, but the mechanic said he can't make it do anything wrong.so he can't fix. Every time I drive it, the truck does all the above. Anyone have any ideas at all? I open to all suggestions on this since I don't want to just throw parts at it. Kirk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I'm confounded by this issue. The truck has a new fuel pump, coils, plugs maybe year old, wires changed with plugs, new egr valve and new air cleaner. I took it to a garage, but the mechanic said he can't make it do anything wrong.so he can't fix. Every time I drive it, the truck does all the above. Anyone have any ideas at all? I open to all suggestions on this since I don't want to just throw parts at it. Kirk
Is this a throttle body injector engine ? If so you must replace The small internal Pressure regulator they get eaten up by the alcohol and the gasoline now so you have to have to put in 1 with the Alcohol resistance. The other thing is I would advise, putting on a fuel a fuel pressure gauge, and keep it In the car so you can keep your eye on it.. For safety sake Use about 1⁄132 restrictor before your gauge line

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. I finally fixed the truck by replacing then MAF sensor even though it did not show any codes. The thing that led to the MAF was two codes for the upstream o2 sensors. It seemed to me that the odds were pretty slim they would fail at the same time. Any way I replaced it with a Dephi MAF sensor, cleared the o2 codes and it runs great and no codes returned since. Thanks again for everyone's help. Kirk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well thanks to everyone who offered suggestions. I finally fixed the truck by replacing then MAF sensor even though it did not show any codes. The thing that led to the MAF was two codes for the upstream o2 sensors. It seemed to me that the odds were pretty slim they would fail at the same time. Any way I replaced it with a Dephi MAF sensor, cleared the o2 codes and it runs great and no codes returned since. Thanks again for everyone's help. Kirk
You know, those are made in China now....so keep an eye on it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts