Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2001 silverado 4.8 vortec and i have already done the following:
k&n cold air kit and new M.A.S.
borla exhaust (no headers)
personally built 4l60-e
hypertech tuner
i know there is a lot more i can do but i would like to know what the best mods are for the money and where i should start at to get the best results. thank you for anyone who helps me out here.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If your looking just for simple boltons, Headers, Fans, Pulleys maybe a larger throttle body. Ignition upgrades seem to yield some decent results for the cost and some high flow cats.

Nitrous works great if you don't mind kickin your warranty to curb which I'm sure it will do.

What gears do you have? If there around 3.23 or 3.42, Your best bang for the buck would be some 3.73's or 4.10's. That will get you off the line much quicker and you can find a set online for about 200 bucks with install kit and install usually runs 200-400 bucks.

Well hope this helps and if you have any more questions just let me know.:great:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i work at a car shop and we have a posi trac setup with 3.73s that fit my truck that im putting in soon. sorry forgot to put that. thank you very much, i was thinkin the same things mainly and i was just curious if there are any things i havent thought of yet. what type of ignition stuff would you recomend? im not very familiar with that area

·
Banned
372 Posts
i work at a car shop and we have a posi trac setup with 3.73s that fit my truck that im putting in soon. sorry forgot to put that. thank you very much, i was thinkin the same things mainly and i was just curious if there are any things i havent thought of yet. what type of ignition stuff would you recomend? im not very familiar with that area
A little off topic, but a quick question...are you going to the Birmingham World of Wheels this upcoming weekend?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
As far as igntion upgrades They sell full kits for around 250-350 including New Plugs, Caps and Wires. Or you can buy them seperate. I like MSD, Accel and such. With the spark plugs I'd say go iridium.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didnt want to make a new thread just for this so i was wondering if there is anywhere yall know where i can get a good electric fan kit for a good price that actually holds up and works correctly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts