GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was on the highway for about 100 miles running at 85 mph. i stopped somewhere for about 10 minutes when i started truck up it kept dying immediately after i started engine. it did this about 8 times. the check oil pressure light came on.it finally ran after about 5 minutes. it was idling really rough at stoplights. i made it to my dr's appointment and truck sat for about 45 minutes. i then drove home on the highway again 100 miles at 70 mph and it ran perfect. could this be a serious problem or did i run it too hard?

·
Registered
533 Posts
yesterday i was on the highway for about 100 miles running at 85 mph. i stopped somewhere for about 10 minutes when i started truck up it kept dying immediately after i started engine. it did this about 8 times. the check oil pressure light came on.it finally ran after about 5 minutes. it was idling really rough at stoplights. i made it to my dr's appointment and truck sat for about 45 minutes. i then drove home on the highway again 100 miles at 70 mph and it ran perfect. could this be a serious problem or did i run it too hard?

:sign0016:to the forums ... At any time that you had a problem did you stop to check what the level was on the dipstick? any discoloration of the oil?
what kind of oil are you using sounds like the oil your using was braking down under hard driving

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
X2

It sounds like your oil-pressure cut-out switch was preventing your truck from running with little or no oil pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:sign0016:to the forums ... At any time that you had a problem did you stop to check what the level was on the dipstick? any discoloration of the oil?
what kind of oil are you using sounds like the oil your using was braking down under hard driving
thanks. oil level was full. i always use valvoline as recomended by chevy

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Fuel filter?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
It would be inexpensive to do so and it may cure some of your problems of running rough, engine dying, or trouble starting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be inexpensive to do so and it may cure some of your problems of running rough, engine dying, or trouble starting.
i'll do that this week, thanks for replying. i had someone tell me this weekend that it could be my oil sending unit or my oil pump. any thoughts ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts