GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Scanned through the forums for my problem and it sounds like other people have had it. I have a 2001 Suburban LS and my issue is the interior lights stay on and only turn off after the car has been off and the 20 minute accessory power-down kicks in. The dome override switch has no effect. I am pretty sure that the driver door switch is working (the door that gets 99% of the use) because the accessory power to the radio shuts off when I open the driver door. I did take off the battery ground for a minute to reset the system but the problem remains. Lights come on and stay on while I am driving. Is there anything else I can try? I saw someone mention the courtesy light module and/or a 30 second delay module...... Which is the bum part? Is it difficult to get to and replace? Where is it? Expected cost? Thanks alot for any assistance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those that may have the same symptom, the problem wound up being a bad BCM relay under the dash on the drivers side and a bad wire. Relay was $31. My shop found it. BCM was fine. If it was the BCM, cost would've been ~$200 for a rebuild BCM plus $75 to program it.

·
6,019 Posts
I would check your dimmer switch. It could have gone bad and is causing the light to stay on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts