GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. This is my first post but certainly not my first time on the site:happy:.

I just bought my 2001 Suburban and for me that's a NEW car. All my previous Chevys has been pre 1970's. Anyhow, the Message Center is blank (Black). No messages appear at all. Could this be caused by a loose wire or similar. I can't find a fuse that would control the message center only.

All comments are welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the message center would flash or light up when you turn the ignition. Mine has always been blank.

·
4,774 Posts
I thought the message center would flash or light up when you turn the ignition. Mine has always been blank.
You are Correct that when you turn the Ignition on......The Message Center should light up in Red With the Picture/Symbol of a Battery.....also the Message Center is Capable of Alternating among Different Messages if needed,

Some of the items that would show up in the Message Center are,
......Check Engine
......Trans. Hot
......Low Fuel
......Low Coolant
......Cargo Light
......and The Security light should light up when Setting the Alarm with the Factory Remote........if your Not Seeing the Battery Symbol Light up in Red when turning the ignition on and some of the ones I've mentioned above
there is a most likely a Issue/Problem with the Message Center.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts