GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three question:

First my ABS and Break Lights are coming on intermitantly if I shut off the car and restart they stay off some days I drive 50 miles without it coming on other days I travel 2 miles and it comes on vise versa. Any thoughts as to why or has anyone else had this issue and what did it turn out to be?

Second- my self leveling seems to come on all the time, when I start the car, sitting at a light, idling waiting for my kids at school in PARK, ect any ideas or similar issues out there?

Lastly- if my Yukon is cold when I accelerate there is a ticking sound that comes from the engine sounds like a sewing machine. Any ideas or similar issues out there?

Thanks for your help, as I am Auto Mechanically challenged and do not like to get taken for a ride by the auto shops.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ok this is what is probably wrong with your Yukon. Your ABS light is either a wheel speed sensor or a wheel speed sensor harness. The reason your auto level ride is running al the time is you have an air leak somewhere, either a line is leaking or a shock is leaking. You can put soap and water in a spray bottle and spray all your air lines and shocks and look for bubbles. The ticking from the engine cold is a common issue with these engines, it is a build up of carbon in the cylinders, you can add cleaner to your tank and it will take along time to cure it or you can search this site and I posted a procedure that GM has to reduce it. Hope this helps alittle.:great:

·
Registered
4 Posts
sounds like you might have run something over and it fooked something up. Check all the harnesses and such by the wheels. I bet you the air line that's leaking is your abs light culprit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2001 Yukon KC

Ok this is what is probably wrong with your Yukon. Your ABS light is either a wheel speed sensor or a wheel speed sensor harness. The reason your auto level ride is running al the time is you have an air leak somewhere, either a line is leaking or a shock is leaking. You can put soap and water in a spray bottle and spray all your air lines and shocks and look for bubbles. The ticking from the engine cold is a common issue with these engines, it is a build up of carbon in the cylinders, you can add cleaner to your tank and it will take along time to cure it or you can search this site and I posted a procedure that GM has to reduce it. Hope this helps alittle.:great:
Thanks for the informaton, by any chance do you remember what you posted the carbon issue as so I can do a seach?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gmcsuvguy

I just seached "gmcsuvguy" and looked at all the postings that came up but could not find anything about the carbon build up problem. If you would be willing to post again I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

2001yukonkc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts