GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it gets cold out my truck loaps untill it is completely warmed up.
the rpms drop really low
Voltage drops also
If im holding the brake in drive it wants to jump
What is it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like you got a bad injector I had a 2016 Chevy Silverado that did the same thing without a check engine light on

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
when cold temps are now and it does not start good ruff idle low rpm batt light comes on then when it warms up for 5-10 min and it runs good the problem is the upper intake manifold gasket is leaking.
when the air temp rises to 60-70F and it runs normal on cold start that is it.
GM used the wrong gasket because the alcohol causes small cracks then too much air flows in to the engine intake.. cold air is denser so that is why more air causes this .
should have check engine light on .. lean codes

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I will check injectors, there is no check engine code displayed
put a scan tool on it .. check the fuel trims... no tool then go to a auto part store that will allow you to use the tool and will put a hold on your credit card.. call the store up to find the store that will allow you to do this... because I do all the work and have 4 vehicles I bought a updated scan tool web update into it .. still works on 2019 vehicles .. 10 years old ..

if you had an injector problem you will have a load of codes..also check the fuel pressure.
if you use el cheapo gas then the injectors will not put out the proper fuel .. I only use top tier gas..I most all the time use exxon/shell/mobil ...sometimes I will add techron injector/engine cleaner.. cleans up the fuel system and removes combustion chamber deposits.. my 2016 4runner It ran smoother at idle started quicker.
use MAF cleaner on the MAF.. be careful on spraying... the maf ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts