GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of a guy that is selling a 2002 Silverado Ext cab 4x4, 103000 miles, real nice shape other than some hail damage on top/front of cab, running boards, grill guard. normal to above normal options. he's offering it for sale for 8800, and i MIGHT be able to talk him down a bit, but not much. he has a dealership and he's just trying to get out of trucks, says he has 8600 into it. is this a good buy? thanks for the help. kbb and NADA is around 12000-13000 ish

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like a good deal, if it hasn't been abused. My '04 has more miles and I have not had any problems (other than normal steering column noise). Paintless dent repair can do wonders on hail dammage. Good luck!

·
Registered
241 Posts
+1 sounds good too me. If you don't buy it maybe I will :glasses: My 00 Sierra has 230.000 on her now and I have had zero roblems ecept with the rearend, it blew the front seal at 80 mph and well....... I replaced it with one from a 99 slivy. BTW :sign0016: to the site

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know of a guy that is selling a 2002 Silverado Ext cab 4x4, 103000 miles, real nice shape other than some hail damage on top/front of cab, running boards, grill guard. normal to above normal options. he's offering it for sale for 8800, and i MIGHT be able to talk him down a bit, but not much. he has a dealership and he's just trying to get out of trucks, says he has 8600 into it. is this a good buy? thanks for the help. kbb and NADA is around 12000-13000 ish
1. ever heard of craigslist? i bought 2000 silvie 4x4 z71 CENTURION edition (ever saw one?) with all luxury possible for the year, and only 58K miles on it, for 9800. who buys by KBB? save cash and buy cash off craigslist. we already bought 5 cars off it, all run top notch, all way below any NADA or KBB values.
2. are sure you just must have that truck? you know you'll have around 17 mpg combined commute? that it costs now 90 bucks to fill it and will cost 100 in some week or 2? and it costs NOW extra 2000 a year to run in gas money at today's prices, comparing to something comfortable that does 30mpg?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
it sounds like a pretty good deal but X2 on the craigslist. i sell stuff and buy stuff from there a lot and never had a problem. you can find some really good deals on there

·
Registered
9 Posts
I traded my 02 in at a dealership here in Kansas City & they gave me 12,500 for it. I had a bunch of aftermarket suspension work/wheels & tires though. Maybe they gave me some $$$ for all that. It had 156,000 miles on it too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts