GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!
Have what seems to be a common GM problem with no clear answer.
The message center is cycling "Security" "Low Fuel" battery emblem. The air bag and OnStar lights are illuminated. The fuel and temp gauge register zero. The high beam indicator does not illuminate. The gear selector does not show which gear is selected but the odometer and trip both register mileage. The security light will not go out when the vehicle is off, key removed and locked, drains battery. The vehicle runs fine, alternator charges at 14.2, grounds and battery connections are clean and tight. All other vehicle functions work. Have tried disconnecting battery to reset computer.
Really weird how many forums have this same problem but with no good answer.
Please help!!!!
Thanks.

Registered
The only thing I ever had remotely close to what you鈥檙e dealing with was with my old 02 Suburban 1500. Just one day out of nowhere the anti-theft thing got triggered. I ended up finding some wear on the main power cable from the battery and had it replaced. Seemed to solve my problem.

Registered
Some others on here way more knowledgeable than me suggested in other electrical related posts that sensors, gauges etc can all be affected by the slightest change in voltage or resistance? If I remember correctly. So checking wires, contact points for corrosion or wear is the cheapest place to start.

Registered
Read that post above. Turned out to be a ground wire he missed. But you are correct in that the dash cluster in your year model is prone to issues. I鈥檝e read fixes to the problems have varied from cluster replacements to simple ground wire connections being bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts