GM Truck Club Forum banner

2002 tahoe radio harness

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  lancer 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys we got our new tahoe today and i'm trying to put my dual 7" dvd/cd player in and i got my installation kit and already had a plug. i got everything hooked up and have no sound. it has the factory cd player with the tape player down on the console. the back of the stock radio has on big plug on the back and one small thin plug on the other under the antenna plug. when i hook the stock cd player back up with both plugs it has sound, when i unplug that thin plug i have no sound. all the aftermarket harness' i've found are the same one that i have already, none of them have an extra plug to plug in. has anyone had this trouble before or delt with this? i'm going to call best buy tomorrow, i know i know but its the only place open on sunday in my area. all the actuall shops are closed til tuesday. please guys i need some help, i wanna get my truck put back together so i can drive it this weekend......also it has OnStar and the non bose system

thanks

andy

#3 ·
yes it does have a pink wire in it. so i just connect the remote wire (blue/white strip)? this is the first onstar vehicle i've worked on so its kinda new.

thanks!!!

#4 ·
that worked great this morning!!! got it all in and up and running. the only problem i'm having now is the installation kit i got sticks out quite a bit and hits the shifter when in park. not a terriable problem but one i'd like to find a flush mount kit for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.