GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 Trailblazer ls, it has 112,000 miles on it. Well now it has thrown a rod. I go to the dealership to find me a new ride thinking this is just stuff that happens. I was handed a bulletin on just what we thought happen to my ride.
Quote: Some customers of 02 chevy tb, gmc Envoy and oldsmobile Bravada with 4.2l L6 engine produced during the 2001 calendar year may experience cracking of an engine cylinder bore liner, resulting in engine noise, poor performance, and/or stalls with no engine re-start. Engine replacement is necessary to correct this failure.
We had ours put on the computer, which cant tell inside the motor. The mechanics said they think it might be a rod barrien. Now keep in mind that the manager gave me this bulletin, gave me the number to call and complain. We called told them were we got the info and now he's not saying that this is the problem. oh the special extended warrenty ends at 100,000. Those who wants more info just contact me.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
They add 100,000 miles, or it end when it hits 100,000? I have a 2002 but only 65,000 miles on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts