GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Time Poster Here...Long time Forum viewer

During the Summer when it gets Really Hot (Atlanta) or During Colder Winter months, the electrical system goes haywire.

Starts off by Windows not rolling down...say if you press the down button--> the electronic compass/outside degree sensor disappears & flashes in & out, the dome/door lights will not turn off, windshield wipers will not turn on, heater/ac does not work, only thing that works is the radio.

I have checked all of the fuses & all are fine. Please Help...Truck is becoming a burden. also I have Disconnected the Battery for 1 full day hoping to reset the Computer? Guessing...No Luck. In desperate need on getting this fixed

·
Registered
214 Posts
Of all the items you mentioned the radio pulls the least amps. You have a high resistance fault in the power or ground. If your truck has a fusible link for the accessory circuit it may be blown. Otherwise, you need to check the ignition enabled circuits for a bad relay of some sort or perhaps ECM. Check voltage to the window circuit with demand off, then with a window selected. If you have 12 volts + or - and then it drops dramatically under load, find out where, and fix it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How Many Ground Wires does it have? I know of the ground for the battery, where are the other locations? 2003 Silverado 1500HD

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Also, fusible link for the accessory circuit? Where is it? Sorry ...Noob to forum, any help is appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts