GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
The heated mirrors are out and I cannot find the location of the controlling fuse.

Can any one help

Julian

I looked through the owners manual - Electrical System; Fuses & Circuit Breakers - and cannot find a dedicated fuse for the mirrors. Possibly they're on the same circuit as the rear window defogger (RR DEFOG), in which case they're in the underhood fuse block - see attached pic.

On the other hand - mine don't work either. But my rear defroster does. I thought that heated mirrors weren't standard and wasn't on my Burb. Are you sure you're car is equipped with them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heated mirrors fuse

Hi Alex.

yes it got them - I've had to repace the glass thanks to delivery vans hitting the mirrors.

I'm seeking that fuse as my main problem is the folding mirror mechanism has stopped working. There's no noise from either side so thats why I started to look for a fuse or circuit breaker problem. Driving in freezing fog it became clear the heaters weren't working either - but I am guessing they may be on the same supply.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Alex.

yes it got them - I've had to repace the glass thanks to delivery vans hitting the mirrors.

I'm seeking that fuse as my main problem is the folding mirror mechanism has stopped working. There's no noise from either side so thats why I started to look for a fuse or circuit breaker problem. Driving in freezing fog it became clear the heaters weren't working either - but I am guessing they may be on the same supply.....
Yeah, probably. Can't find a fuse or circuit breaker for neither in the manual. Someone else?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuse update - whet they wouldnt work

The RR defog is the right one - but it was more understanding how they work.

To clear the mirrors they only work with the rear defogger on as well - thats why the RRdefo fuse checked OK but the defog mirrors didn't seem to work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts