GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to lift my 2003 silverado ls 4x4 6 inches. i called the only place by my house about what it would cost to install on my truck and the price for the kit was $2200 and install was $1000. the kit seems way to expensive so i started looking online and the prices were way cheaper. does anybody have a great website to buy tuff country off of or anything that is gaurenteed to have all the parts i need. thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
website looks good...i forgot to mention that i have a 3" body lift and leveling kit. would that change what i should get or price or anything? thanks

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Body lift shouldn't be an issue, but I'm not sure if the leveling kit will work with the lift. Give SD truck springs a call, their customer support is very knowledgeable and helpful.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Most classic IFS 4x4 kits take 8-10 hours to install, so the shop you went to charges over $100.00 an hour??!!! Did the TuffCountry kit include rear springs, shocks and dual front shock hoop? If so than thats not a bad price. If it didn't include rear springs and no front hoop then thats way to much. Also find out shipping charges. Shipping a lift kit is not cheap. Also before you buy mailorder make sure the shop is willing to install a customer supplied kit. We charged an additional $300.00 to install a customers kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts