GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 suburban only blows ambiant air out of the front vents I removed the actuator and manually move the blend door and it doesn't matter where it is positioned, it blows ambiant air. The rear ac blows 60 degrees on ac and blows good heat. Both condensers front and rear have condensation. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
I think I'd start by having some one check the pressure in the system, it may be low.

I know the rear is cold; but you'd have a firm starting point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is your system holding charge, ie how much if any Freon did it need. Does heat work or Is it both. Whith front and rear air is coil is blocked there's still movement to rear which will allow system to function even if only one coil is blocked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's still holding charge. It took one can. I do not have heat or ac up front. I removed the actuator and manually move the blend door. I tested each vent individually with a thermometer. The rear is now set to ac until the fall. I use the old actuator to hold open the rear blend door for rear heat and I remove it for ac in the summer. The reason for this the front heat was never great and I was out in single digit weather and the rear was stuck on AC. I about froze.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the problem. My gauge was shot for adding refrigerant. It showed I had plenty of pressure but it was way off. I grabbed another gauge and added more refrigerant. The AC now works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts