GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife took the tb for a short ride and it stalled, i towed it back home and when i turn the key the rpm and spedo gauges go wild and the throttle body is clicking along with the neutral safety switch. At first i could hear the fuel pump running and it would start but die shortly after. Now the fuel pump no longer runs every time. I checked all fuses and relays. Any thoughts? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Checked ignition starter switch and checked out fine, changed computer under the hood and still problems continue.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Been working on my TB for a week now, The truck died driving down the road. I towed it home and went to turn the key and the rpm and speedometer gauges pegged out while the odometer mileage goes up "without the engine running". All symptoms here are intermittent, the throttle body groans, neutral safety switch clicks over and over. I changed the computer under the hood and checked the ignition starter switch witch checked out fine. Ive checked all fuses and relays. I'm stumped! Any help would be great! Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hErBn82JLFE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally the problem is fixed! I tested the ignition starter switch and it tested fine, picked up a new one just to be sure and installed it and sure enough it started right up:happy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts