GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with what I believe is a wiring issue! I have lost power to my driver and passenger front doors. No window, locks, or anything. All help will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
You have one fuse (it may be 10 amps) that powers the module in the driver's door; the driver's door module controls the passenger door module.
Check that fuse, it should be in the dash fuse panel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All fuses are good. I've checked power to all wires in the door. As well as Ohm the wires. Cant find any wires broke! At this point in time. I believe it's the controller itself. I've taken it apart and cleaned it with 99% isopropyl. And still nothing!

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
You should be able to swap with the passenger side for a test

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the plugs the same? The driver has all the controls to operate all windows, locks, mirrors, ECT

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
Are the plugs the same? The driver has all the controls to operate all windows, locks, mirrors, ECT
I think the control module plugs into the switch/plugs assembly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have check the ohm's on each wire that goes into the door from the fuse panel. They all checked out good. Relays check out good. Fuses check out good!
Cant find any broken wires coming into the door.
New controls module in the driver door, and still nothing

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
Try a temporary ground strap from the driver's door to the battery neg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My next defeat was working on the grounds! Doesnt make since to me to loos all power at once, and everything I've check has shown good! " "
Mind blown

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
What did you do to "work on the grounds"?

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
???????

What I'm asking, you said you worked on the grounds, what I'd you do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have not done anything to any of the grounds. I was saying I need to check the ground post and grounding blocks. I guess.
I have now put a new driver door control module in, and that didnt do anything.. but cost me money! They are expensive

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
Did you try the temporary ground to the door?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Do you have a remote to unlock the doors? Do the rear door locks work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I do have a remote. It will not lock or unlock any of the doors!
The rear windows still work with there own controls!
No I havent tried a temp ground yet!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm not sure if a 2004 has one as my 2012 Silverado does. It's called a DLC, door lock controller, and it sits behind the rear passenger seat on the cab wall. The GMT900 trucks have tire pressure monitor and it uses the DLC. I don't think this is your problem but just to know that it might exist. If the side view mirrors are powered, do they work?

I looked up the driver door switch panel and it is nearly the same as my 2012. I had the one switch for the passenger door window became iffy. I removed the switch and took it apart. It is made like a remote control. A circuit board, a silicone membrane with carbon buttons that make contact to the circuit board. All it does is sends a signal on a data buss, it does no processing therefore it is not a controller. All I had to do was wipe the circuit board down to fix my little issue.

I forgot what it's called but there is a controller that does all the lights, locks, windows etc. I'm sure others can tell you what and where it might be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So maybe the passenger side controller could be the problem?
If it's not sending a signal then the driver side wouldnt work either?

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
As I said earlier, the driver's module is the master, the passenger side should not impact the driver's side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts