GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2004 Silverado (1500,5.3L) that had rusted gas lines. I ordered a replacement kit from Lines to Go and after a handful of weekends finally got the old ones out. The problem I am having is trying to run the new pre-bent lines. I can not seem to fit them through the available space. This is my first attempt at doing lines, any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
George
PA.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
what some have done is unbolt the body mounts on the driver side then jack up the body not frame . this will get you more space between engine and body / firewall

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what some have done is unbolt the body mounts on the driver side then jack up the body not frame . this will get you more space between engine and body / firewall
Thanks j cat, that is a little beyond my ability, might have to have it towed to a shop.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Thanks j cat, that is a little beyond my ability, might have to have it towed to a shop.

I forgot to also say that the removal of the driver side motor mount , then drop the engine down gradually till you have room to get in there... MM is a little tougher to get at/remove, but if removed should work .. also check out this mount may need replacing ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts