GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 2004 silverado regular base model without power doors and locks and im trying to install a ultra start remote starter alarm and i have all the wires hooked up correctly wit a PLJX bypass module but it starts and goes dead after 2 seconds could some one tell me what i am doing wrong. I was hoping i didnt need any diodes or any thing like that. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the club smoke, you might have a short in the bypass, one of the wires could be fried, ( check for melted wire jacket or if you can remove the jacket without cutting the wies and check to make sure the wire is not a dark brown or black) or the module could be defective. I have installed these before and it ended up being the bypass module misfiring. Hope this will help.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
********thread moved here********

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well jon jon i checked the bypass and it fine i was wondering if i hook the resistance wire on the bypass module to the yellow start wire and also to the positive vats wire to because on the bypass diagram it has a dotted line goin to the vats positive could u explain this to me. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts