GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to replace my 265/70/R17's on my 04 Suburban. I am considering the Michelin LTX MS2. I live in the Seattle area and use it primarily for hauling kids to school etc. We snow ski, and I tow a 18' boat in the summer. I see they sell a load range "E" but I don't know if this suits my application. Also, is there another tire I should be considering? I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Are you looking for a more road-oriented tire with a smoother tread or an all-terrain type tire with a more aggressive tread? Is offroad/ inclement weather capability a priority?

·
Registered
530 Posts
try the p-metric size, they will be a load range D and cheaper. I put a set of them on my Yukon and can't really complain. Got them on right after last snow fall here in Indianapolis so could not comment on snow or ice performance as yet, wet weather is realy good. Had a set of Good Year Silent Armors on a vehicle before this one and really liked them also.and I think quieter too by a little.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sorry I can't help with tires as I've never lived up north in snowy weather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your question. Smoother tread. I will probably never take it off road as I no longer hunt. I perfer an all season tread as I take it snow skiing on occasion here in Washingon,

---------- Post added at 06:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Thank you for your input. I will look into it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Those Michelin's look like they would work well. Also, check out the BFG LongTrail T/A, a good highway tire but still has good tread for adverse weather conditions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Long trails and the rugged trails I had on my dodge they got really slippery fast on wet/snowy roads. On my suburban The Michelin is a really good road tire, as is the (Don't laugh) General grabber HTS. Another option are a little more aggressive go with the bridgestone dueler a/t revos 2, or the dueler a/t that comes stock on the newer silverados... (I have had great luck with both in the northeast snow and rain) The Revo 2's come with a 60,000 mile warranty to ease your mind a bit and neither is overly loud and have very decent road manners. 192,000 miles on my suburban I have tried a lot of different tires (plus I sold them for 9 years) I would also suggest unless you want a much rougher ride stay with the p-metric sizes... There is a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts