GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a donor truck. 2005 tahoe with a 5.3 in it. Plan on pulling it out and installing it in a 98 silverado with a 4.3 v-6. I know it a lot of work. Question is. Is it better to get a stand alone harness for this being the computer programming. Obviously the components are gonna be different such as alternator, power steering pump, ac compressor are wired different. Probably gonna use the 05 trans too. Any insite or suggestions before we dive in like mad scientist. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
4l60 tranny of GM is made variously on many model years .. the electrical connectors and transmission electrical components are different .. do not do it waste your $$$$...if you do a 1980's GM truck changing the motors etc then it will work ...
on my 1996 Impala many companies created computers/wiring harnesses /fuel pumps/rear diff/transmission engine upgrades to increase HP etc ... I have a load of documents on those power HP increases .. well that is stopped over 10 yrs ago ..

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
put a 1998 350cu engine and change the transmission .. wiring is different so you could swap out the wiring harness and install the 1998 computer ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts