GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the 2005 front end off a silverado fit a 2001 suburban? i want to do a facelift on my suburban since i am lifting it with a 12" lift with 24" kmc rockstars with the 38" kumho mud terrain...so i want to make the front end standout as well...has anybody seen a conversion like that or have pics?

-dave

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I haven't seen that but they do make a caddy clip for it. Don't know if your into that but I think it would look pretty good. When you get the lift and wheels post some pics. That's gonna look awesome. By the way what lift are you going with. Fullthrottle, Backlash??

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work easy , GM sure wouldn't make everything different , that wouldn't be cost effective . Why don't you just paint your whole front end like a Z-71 ' and get something like a Goodhood 442 ram-air hood ? Much cheaper , and would make almost as big of a ststement .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen that but they do make a caddy clip for it. Don't know if your into that but I think it would look pretty good. When you get the lift and wheels post some pics. That's gonna look awesome. By the way what lift are you going with. Fullthrottle, Backlash??
yeah i saw the caddy and may go with that...i saw a suburban where someone put the newer frontend on it and it looked ok...not as good as i though, but it was different and his was a lowered so i think if it was lifted it would look better

i am going with the CTS suspension...its a 12" lift and going with the 24" rockstars with 38" kimho mud terrain

-dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see why it wouldn't work easy , GM sure wouldn't make everything different , that wouldn't be cost effective . Why don't you just paint your whole front end like a Z-71 ' and get something like a Goodhood 442 ram-air hood ? Much cheaper , and would make almost as big of a ststement .
i'll check out the hood and let you know...i just wanted something to really stand out...but with the cost of lift, wheels and tires may have to go with a mild upgrade for now...

-dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked at the Goodhood stuff...not too sure of the 442 hood...if i was going to do a hood it maybe just a regular cowl induction hood...
-dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Everybody that has a hood , has a cowl hood , I have one on my 01 HD. As I write this , I've been pricing the 442 hood for my Tahoe . Looks like I'll pick it up at Summit , they're only an hour from Pgh. and have it at a good price . My sons buddy has one on his SS 454 , they fit great , and really stand out cause you don't see them everyday . I'll save money already having the K&N cold air kit , to actually get the ram-air benefit .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everybody that has a hood , has a cowl hood , I have one on my 01 HD. As I write this , I've been pricing the 442 hood for my Tahoe . Looks like I'll pick it up at Summit , they're only an hour from Pgh. and have it at a good price . My sons buddy has one on his SS 454 , they fit great , and really stand out cause you don't see them everyday . I'll save money already having the K&N cold air kit , to actually get the ram-air benefit .

well as soon as you get the hood installed lmk so i can see pics...you are rite about the cowl induction hoods though...do you have any pics of the hood on a tahoe or suburban?

thanks
-dave

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go to http://www.godfathercustoms.com/od in Atlanta, they had a lifted 2002 Tahoe with a newer front clip a few months back when I stopped in. Their mechanics have lots of experience at the kind of task your contemplating.
ok thanks man...i willl stop by there sometime this week since i live just outside atlanta...did you like the newer frontend on the lifted tahoe? how big was the tahoe?

-dave

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
The Tahoe was running 22" KMC's with 40" tires it had a 12" suspension lift and 3" body lift, the front axle was converted to solid. The front clip looked ok, I thought it looked out of place, to many body lines that didnt match up like they should.
I'm not a fan of sky hi mall wheelers so I'm probably somewhat biased on the looks.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I'm a little late getting in on this but, the Suburbans/Tahoes built and sold in Mexico have the same front clips as the Silverados here. I have an '04 and we see a lot vehicles from Mexico around here. That's when I noticed that all of them with the new front end had Mexico tags. Bottom line, I bet they are interchangable.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The Tahoe was running 22" KMC's with 40" tires it had a 12" suspension lift and 3" body lift, the front axle was converted to solid. The front clip looked ok, I thought it looked out of place, to many body lines that didnt match up like they should.
I'm not a fan of sky hi mall wheelers so I'm probably somewhat biased on the looks.
Couldn't agree more. There's nothing worse than a mall crawler.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts