GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been an issue on many trucks and suv's but I could never find a solid answer I have a 2005 GMC Yukon Denali both front heated seats wont stay on or work. The light turns on for a second and then click underneath the driver seat and nothing. I just discovered this week now twice while I'm driving both front heaters will work for a couple mins. The adjustable pedal works. Have disconnected it and still the same. Have removed both seats and checked wires and harnesses. Strange thing is while I'm adjusting drivers seat and use the seat heaters it turns on and works. I've has this issue since last year and your help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Motor City Rick. I will check that fuse when I get home today. And wires I will check them this weekend I had checked them before but I will double check the wires for discoloration. The wiring schematic really helps. I'll let you know what I find

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Motor City Rick, I checked both fuses and both are ok I check the wiring and harness and they are ok and as you described. No yellowing or growing stuff and no melted plastic in or around the terminals, wiring or harness. But on the diagram you provided i think it's for the left rear seat

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey. I my rpo code is AG2 without ULT. Fuses and window/door functions are ok. I dont have access to a scan tool that reads body codes. Both orange wires underneath both front seats have power going to them. So does the orange wire going to the module under the driver seat. Maybe the module is bad or do u think it needs that software update from the dealership? Thanks for the schematics I'll look at them also

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope it's not the module. I'll go out and buy an ohmmeter this weekend to check the resistance of the ground wires. And then check the wires coming out of module. I'm putting this off until the weekend because my water pump messed up, 2nd time in 2 years. Thank you so much for your step by step help. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1st one was just a normal failure, water through the weep hole.. this time bearing failure. Both were AC Delco. New one is ACD as well. It recently started squeaking, so I removed belt and tried pulley by pulley. WP pulley didn't moved smoothly. Then had alot of play in it. Up and down, in and out. I lost my receipt and they couldn't honor the lifetime warranty, so I had to pay for the new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a 2005 gmc Yukon denali with the 6.0L. No, it has the dual electric fans. I'm not the original owner, I'm the 2nd owner. I replaced the 1st pump at around 185K. This one is being replaced at about 197K. The antifreeze is clean, just replaced radiator 1 year ago. Just flushed the rad, motor and heater core (front and back) last month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I honestly think it was a bearing failure. There was so much play in the pulley compared to the new one. And I think you can tell by the wear on the pulley

1 - 14 of 14 Posts