GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Gregc,

With this pump being aluminum, ...I would of torque "all" water pump mounting bolts in sequential steps, along with "any" attaching hardware bolts. Aluminum does some strange flexing when going through hot and cold / vibrations cycles more than steel pumps.

Good chance the pump mounting bolts closest to the pump housing webs supports were overtorqued, pulled on the bearing opening for the pump shaft, which over time to cause misalignment by a few thousandths causing bearing wear / failure.

Important rule!!! Any aluminum object the has to go through severe vibration, hot and cold cycles, or is exposed to a corrosive environment (road salt, excessive moisture) has to be torqued properly.

Time to torque the water pump to prevent water pump #3 failure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As of right now, ..I need you to go to your glove box and give me the option code for your seats.
It should be any of these option codes: AG2, ...AN3 w/ULT or wo/ULT. I'm finding too many electrical schematics variations for vehicle.

See if you can find See GM TSB 05-08-143-001 and see if this applies to you???

Next, ...if possible, find a scan tool that can read "Body Codes". All those codes will begin with the letter "B". Record those codes for this session.

Question that needs to be asked: Is the right side door windows affected also on your 2005 GMC Yukon Danali?
If so, chances are the 50A MBEC1 maxi fuse in the under hood fuse box is blown. If not go to next step.

View attachment 130944

If the 50A MBEC1 maxi fuse in the under hood fuse box is not blown, check for power on the large orange wire under each seat.
Is there 12 volt battery power present with the ignition off going into the module???

Here's a link that I found that might match your wiring needs. Rotate the schematic clockwise 1 step for better viewing.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JHoop/2009-09-28_181254_1.pdf

If you have power going to this module and it is not turning on then chances are that this module is bad. It is the seat control module and is prone to fail on this vehicle. First make sure that the wiring under the seat is in good shape. It is common for the wiring to wear through and cause this. If the wiring is fine then the module is bad.

I will give a brief overview of how your heated seats function before you start poking wires.

Both the driver and passenger seats have 2 heating elements. One is in the seat cushion and the other is in the seat back. The heated seats are capable of obtaining temperatures of 98°F in LOW mode and 107°F in HIGH mode. Battery voltage is supplied to the heated seat module from the SEO2 30A fuse and through a PTC device. The PTC is hardwired in the battery voltage supply circuit in the seat harness assembly and provides extra circuit protection. Ignition voltage is supplied to the heated seat switch from the IGN3 10A fuse. When the heated seat switch is pressed ignition voltage is supplied to the solid state switching device within the heated seat switch assembly. The first time the heated seat switch is activated the solid state switching device supplies voltage to illuminate the high LED indicator and a signal voltage to the heated seat module indicating the high mode is active. The second time the heated seat switch is activated the solid state switching device supplies voltage to illuminate the low LED indicator and a voltage signal to the heated seat module indicating the low mode is active. When the heated seat module receives a high or low mode active signal from the heated seat switch signal circuit, battery voltage is supplied to the seat cushion and back heater elements. The heated seat cushion thermistor provides a signal to the heated seat module used to determine the seat cushion temperature. The heated seat module regulates the supply voltage to the heater elements according to the inputs from the heated seat switch and the seat cushion thermistor.

Here are more schematics that I found not knowing your seat option.

View attachment 130948 View attachment 130950 View attachment 130954 View attachment 130956
what could it be if this fuse keeps on blowing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Motor City Rick: I have an 06 GMC Yukon Denali where I closed the rear door and locked it but when I unlocked the truck all the doors get unlocked except the rear door, I tried reseat the lock and unlock relays and it still not working. What else can I do?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts