GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am in the market for a TB. There are some good deals on 05's right now, and a few 06's are showing up. Is it woth the extra couple grand to get an '06? I've been quoted almost 8k off on 05's. That's hard to pass up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I could do it again now......I would go for the TB SS. (feel free to buy that and I can trade you with my 04 TB. j/k)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, sales have been soft for the past year, so it's a great time to jump in if you're in the market. What to get just depends on what you want to spend and how long you'll have it. The warranty will last the same 3/36 so it's all good there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
asstda2b said:
If I could do it again now......I would go for the TB SS. (feel free to buy that and I can trade you with my 04 TB. j/k)
LOL, there will be a TB SS in my future. My current DD is a '99 Camaro SS. The new TB will be for my wife, and she doesn't care for the performance stuff. :cry:

We'll be keeping it for YEARS. We're not one's to trade vehicles every other year. I've found 8+ 05's LOADED with the S+S package (very important :) ). We'll opt for the sunroof, and add a aftermarket DVD for the kids.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, if anyone is out there.... :Cheers
We bought a maroon(?) '06 LT EXT 4x4. It's loaded. It was for my wife, so I'll be lucky to drive it once a month. :? Overall, it's a beautiful vehicle. We also opted for the 6yr/72mile warranty.
Nice Job GM!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey....Chris, quick question how much did you pay for your 06? Does anyone know if GM provides the Navigation System or is it an aftermarket purchase from the Dealer? I have special ordered a 2006 Ext Chevy TB LT, one of the packages that I'm getting is the PCR Sun and Sound System, and I opted for the DVD entertainment system vs. the sunroof. However, on the Chevy website it shows that you can now get both. Has anyone actually seen this in the 2006 models?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RENTERIA316 said:
Hey....Chris, quick question how much did you pay for your 06? Does anyone know if GM provides the Navigation System or is it an aftermarket purchase from the Dealer? I have special ordered a 2006 Ext Chevy TB LT, one of the packages that I'm getting is the PCR Sun and Sound System, and I opted for the DVD entertainment system vs. the sunroof. However, on the Chevy website it shows that you can now get both. Has anyone actually seen this in the 2006 models?
Sorry, I just saw this. The sticker was 37,420 (or close to it). With GM pricing (relative), 2k rebate, extended warranty, tax....., we walked out for 34,3xx. I thought it was a great deal.

edit: You can only get dvd or sunroof. Reason is that you need the overhead console for the dvd, which would run right through the sunroof. We are adding a dvd player (one player.two screens) for the back of each seat ($300). Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey i just got a 06 envoy denali, and im not sure if its the same for the TB, but if you get a sunroof, you get a thinner dvd player with no controls on it except for play/pause and stop/eject. The rest of the commands you have to use the remote for. if you dont get a sunroof you get a thicker dvd player with all the buttons on it. also on the gps, i know you can get it in the new envoys but not sure about the TB's, but if you can get it, be warned, I opted for the Nav system instead of the 6 disc changer and the salesman told me you get a 6 disc changer behind the nav system but when i got it i tried to load more than one disc and it didnt work. after trying a few different things and then reading the manual i found out that if you have the nav disc in, you cant put a cd in. the only way to play a cd and have the nav system going is to put the cd in the rear dvd slot. its really lame so I think I might get a 6 disc changer added on, or get a ipod hookup put in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts