GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is an mod or hack out there to disable, trick, or override the "safety" feature where it disables the navigation / gps buttons when the vehicle is moving? There is no reason why a passenger of a vehicle should not be able to use the GPS while moving.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I've seen others ask about this before, but I've never heard of an answer. On the 2008-2009 there is an option that allows some of this to be done, I'm not sure if it can check to see if there is weight in the pass seat or not, but I believe you can use the GPS when driving.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea I figured chevy wouldnt release something that could ever be bypassed just because when there would be an accident they would have lawsuits out the a$$ ... i really wanted to link my rear seat and front seat and also bypass the nav saftey but it looks like i will have to replace the whole unit which meants fabrication which was a pain on the audi i just sold

anyone else know for a fact that this isnt possible

·
Registered
333 Posts
Because of the air bag system, I wouldn't be messing with the seat sensor switches unless you really know what you're doing. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't belt-in a 100# of groceries in the passenger's seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea I know this thing has like 7 different computers in it ... i assumed it was going to be electronicly - tempermental

·
Registered
333 Posts
yea I know this thing has like 7 different computers in it ... i assumed it was going to be electronicly - tempermental
When was the last time you heard of auto electronics getting less complicated? Just wait until the chassis wiring is all multiplexed. Copper is expensive, so GM would like just one signal (data) wire to control everything. You might need an OBD-III tool and a degree in engineering just to install a trailer plug.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea i hear that ... i used to have a 91 silverado 1500 ... 279k on the clock ... they dont make em like they used to ... i am pretty computer literate but when the lady at the dealership said 7 computers i signed up for the waranty hahah

1 - 13 of 13 Posts