GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 06 chevy silverado its the one one with roll up windows went to the salvage yard this weekend and found a chevy with the power windows. so got them complete with panels and switches and wires what do i need to to do to make them work on mine. I didnt get the wires that go under the dash

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Did you get the power window motors and mounting hardware??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 06 chevy silverado its the one one with roll up windows went to the salvage yard this weekend and found a chevy with the power windows. so got them complete with panels and switches and wires what do i need to to do to make them work on mine. I didnt get the wires that go under the dash
i got everything and installed it already i just cant get no power im guessing i need the the whole dash harness as well

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Unless you have a W/T version of the truck, all the wiring should be present for power windows and locks. I think the power windows are on either a 20 or 25 amp circuit breaker labeled A or B in the cab fuse panel.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
I think you can just run haywires to the switches, but you have to get a circuit breaker for these. I don't think you can fuse it, because the fuse will get hot for the duration of time it takes for the window to roll up. I believe they are 15 or 20 amp breakers.

Edit** Christopher you da man, beat me by 1 min 2 secs. OP, follow Crawdaddys post. If the loom is in there, then definitely go that route.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you can just run haywires to the switches, but you have to get a circuit breaker for these. I don't think you can fuse it, because the fuse will get hot for the duration of time it takes for the window to roll up. I believe they are 15 or 20 amp breakers.

Edit** Christopher you da man, beat me by 1 min 2 secs. OP, follow Crawdaddys post. If the loom is in there, then definitely go that route.
i ended up pulling the complete wireing and fuse box from the truck i got the doors from will go that route

1 - 6 of 6 Posts