GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am a noob here. A couple of months ago I purchased a 2006 GMC SIERRA SLT CREW CAB 4X4 Z71 Package. The truck is fully loaded power everything, dvd and Bose sound, heated leather seats. My question is twice when I hit the unlock buttons on my standard key fob i.e. it only has lock, unlock, and panic the engine started like I had remote start. I do not have the original window sticker. What I wanted to know is how do I get to use this feature more often then getting luck with my remotes or do I need new fobs with the remote start button.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the site! Have a Happy & Safe Christmas & New Year! You might have a better chance getting an answer if you post your "?" in one of the technical forums. I don't have a clue as to why your engine started with bthe remote, good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update if I press and hold the lock button my lights come on as well as the fans turn on I then hit lock again and then it turns over and it runs. If I don't put the key in the ignition and turn it on before I press the brake peddle it will kill the engine. I think that the remote start is built into my model and I would have an easier time using it with a remote that has the remote start engine button. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all I am a noob here. A couple of months ago I purchased a 2006 GMC SIERRA SLT CREW CAB 4X4 Z71 Package. The truck is fully loaded power everything, dvd and Bose sound, heated leather seats. My question is twice when I hit the unlock buttons on my standard key fob i.e. it only has lock, unlock, and panic the engine started like I had remote start. I do not have the original window sticker. What I wanted to know is how do I get to use this feature more often then getting luck with my remotes or do I need new fobs with the remote start button.
[/QUOT

some aftermarket remote start kits can use the oem key fob. Try pushing the lock button 3 times and see if your truck starts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts