GM Truck Club Forum banner

2006 recall already

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tblazer 
#1 ·
I got a letter about my 2006 TB. I already called the dealer and had it fixed. They needed to replace the Power Steering hose. When you turned your wheel all the way in either direction, it might leak fluid.

#2 ·
this isnt a recall but it might be one in the making. I own a 2006 envoy denali with 2700 miles on it. My wife took it to her parents house one weekend and came back and told me that the passlock light had come on but then had shut off again. It never did this while I drove it but a week later on christmas eve she went to she store and when she got back in the car the passlock light was on and nothing electronic would work, no windows, no radio, nothing. The car did start back up and she drove it home. when i went outside to look at it the passlock, airbags, abs and parking brake light stayed on. On monday morning i went out to take it to the dealership and it wouldnt start, so i had a tow truck come to tow it and when he jump started it, i guess it reset the computer because it started right up and the passlock light went away. After a day at the dealership, the said that they could not recreate the problem and gave the car back. Three days later, i was waiting the drive thru line when i heard a wierd noise and looked down and saw that the car was switching from 2wd to auto on its own. back to the shop and i got it back with nothing done. The shop foreman told me that the ticket was still open and they were going to contact gm technical services. ill post an update when i hear something back.

#3 ·
How can it leak fluid just from turning the wheel? That's a pretty poor design.

Wow, carbondenali, sounds like you've got a ghost inthe machine. Let us know what happens with that.

#4 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here. Didn't the 2005 have the same problem with the steering hose? Something about the hose letting go and if it sprayed on a hot engine that there was a 'remote' possibility of a fire? Just curious because I thought I read that on the consumer reports website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.