GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silverado SS 2WD:
Introduced interim 2005, the Silverado SS is now available in a two-wheel drive configuration. The new model has an 8,100-pound (3,674 kg) towing capacity and broadens SS performance choices by offering customers traditional rear-wheel drive performance at a great value.

The Silverado SS is based on the 1500 Series Extended Cab with a short bed. It is powered by a high-output version of GM’s Vortec 6000 V-8, which pumps out 345 horsepower (257 kw) and 380 lb.-ft. (515 Nm) of torque. The engine is connected to a Hydra-Matic 4L85-E four-speed automatic overdrive transmission equipped with a 3.06 first gear and 0.70 final gear, which transfers power to a 4.10-geared locking rear axle for rapid acceleration and relaxed highway cruising.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get this. Chevy High Perf magazine did a write up on the 06 SS. The previous years AWD version put up faster 1/4 mile times and shorter stopping distances. You would think it would have been just the opposite considering the extra weight of the AWD parts. Although they did say that the burnouts with the RWD were quite pleasureable.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shorting stopping distances doesn't make any sense unless they had a different brake system, etc. I'd like to see that article. What month was it from? I can get back copies I believe.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shorting stopping distances doesn't make any sense unless they had a different brake system, etc. I'd like to see that article. What month was it from? I can get back copies I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts