GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
My tranny seems to be ok...2002....but my rear U-joint had to be replaced and my aluminum driveline has an internal defect causing it to making little cracking sounds upon acceleration.....anyone wanna give me their driveline? :) (they're spendy!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Actually I haven't gotten a quote from a GM dealership for an OEM one...but from looking online at custom ones with aftermarket U-joints and both yokes, its around $450 :( I'm still looking around though....I might try and find one in the wrecking yard to save some money. I'd rather much spend my money on moddin' the truck up and not replacing parts that are supposed to last!

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2002 silverado 4.8L was slipping a bit and then tonight it really staerted slipping woulnt even go out of third and revs up to rev limiter to shift out of 2nd to 3rd, think its my tranny pouched or think a service might catch the problem??

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I have 78000 miles on my '04 Z71 and have not had any tranny prolbems, YET! I am a pretty mild driver though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.