GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Well, I just recently purchased a 2008 Silverado and have started to mod it!
This is my first post and it is a "How to" article for you guys who want to paint the front bowtie of your new truck.
Expect more how to arrticles from me soon.
This is perhaps the cheapest and easiest mod for your guys.
Time-1 hour max
Price-$8.00
Here is what you need:
Krylon Fusion paint -CHOOSE THE COLOR YOUD LIKE.
Small Flathead

1. Remove bowtie from grille.
This is done very simply by using the small flathead.
Just reach in from where the hood latch is and locate the two C clips holding the bowtie in place.

THIS SI WHAT THE C CLIPS LOOK LIKE SO YOU WILL HAVE TO PUSH THEM INWARD WITH THE FLATHEAD.

2.Now that it is off, it is time to paint it. Make sure you clean it off with water and dry it and make sure there are no finger or palm prints on the areas to be painted. Place it on a cardboard box and begin to paint.PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HOLD THE PAINT ABOUT 10 INCHES AWAY AND PAINT IN A SWEEPING MOTION FROM SIDE TO SIDE. ADD ABOUT 2 COATS WITH 10-15 SECOND INTERVALS. THIS IS WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE IF YOU DID CORRECTLY.

3. Place emblem back on the grille after about 1-2 hours.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks nice man! I wonder if I can do the same to my grille emblem on my '06?! Maybe I'll have to look into that when I do the brakes like yours too :D

-Jo$h

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Waldo,
New member here from from Chocolate Town USA, Is that paint GLOSS or Semi, cant tell from the photo. I am assuming Gloss to match the truck. Just got a used Cherry 07 Black Z71 Crew. Thanks for the help.
Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks nice, bro. I'm working on doing this right now.. It's painted black, but there's an orange peel-textured look to it. I'm assuming I need to wetsand. Any advice? Paper grit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts