GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
The "body colored" front bumper sure looks better than the chrome. The more I see of them, the better they look! I didn't really like the new look @ first though.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they made it more rounded, not sure if that more aerodynamic or not.

·
Banned
163 Posts
When I 1st saw the photos of the redesigned Silverado's and Sierra's I was not impressed and thought them very ugly. If forced to choose I would have taken the GMC because I felt the front/grille looked better. All the bulges and flares in the new sheet metal didn't do it for me either. Frankly, the truck looked like a mutant hybrid between a Dodge Ram, Ford Super Duty, and a Nissan Titan to me. Unimpressed to say the least.

However, once they showed up locally and I was able to stand there and look one over in person that changed. I can only say the photos don't give you the "feel" that seeing one in person does. The new truck has a very rugged feel and truck like stance. They just look so much better in person. I also like the new Chevy front end just fine in person. Haven't seen a regular cab yet in person but they did a great job on the Crews and Extended cabs.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like it. better than the 2006 model. the headlights on last years model look too much like a rice burner.(Jap Car) lovin the change. cant wait to drive one i herd they handle like a sports car but haul like a Peterbelt

·
Registered
161 Posts
o and does anyone know if they are going to offer a manual tranny in ither the V8 gas models and the Diesel models??i would love that. and the west coast mirrors. i cant go without the two haha

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder what they polish and prep these vehicles with that are being photographed.

·
Banned
163 Posts
I wonder what they polish and prep these vehicles with that are being photographed.
My guess is a glaze rather than a wax. Glaze doesn't last or protect like wax but it actually gives a much shinier finish. The best one I ever used or sold was 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.

I sold it/bought in the professional containers like this

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_0_53BC_root=GST1T4S9TCgv&PC_7_0_53BC_output=html&PC_7_0_53BC_bgel=QJ1KF2Q2HJbl&PC_7_0_53BC_gvel=GS8V45YN4Pgl&PC_7_0_53BC_vroot=GSLPLPKL4Xge&PC_7_0_53BC_node=T9KWJ03R3Pgs&PC_7_0_53BC_theme=en_US_aad_portal&PC_7_0_53BC_command=CustomizePageHandler

These days you can also get a smaller container designed for the average joe.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MAutomotive/Aftermarket/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_0_53BC_root=GST1T4S9TCgv&PC_7_0_53BC_output=html&PC_7_0_53BC_bgel=GSF1WCG5GTbl&PC_7_0_53BC_gvel=GS8V45YN4Pgl&PC_7_0_53BC_vroot=GSLPLPKL4Xge&PC_7_0_53BC_node=GSG53Y59G7gs&PC_7_0_53BC_theme=en_US_aad_portal&PC_7_0_53BC_command=CustomizePageHandler

It was originally designed to be applied by hand to help with swirls and minor surface scratches and also to increase surface luster. Back when I was in the field every high end recon and body shop used this stuff. I sold it by the case daily. Haven't worked the field for a few years so I don't know if something new has come along to replace it as king but sometimes old is still best and this stuff was hands down the best when I was selling it. The best results come on dark & especially dark metallic vehicles( the metal flake seems to jump to the surface and sparkle like a diamond in the sun ) although it does help with all colors. As most anyone knows when you wax a white vehicle it doesn't give the same dramatic effect as a wax job on a black vehicle. Same applies to glaze. Darker vehicles always look better after a wax then lighter ones.

Only thing is NEVER apply glaze in general, but the 3M specifically, in the direct sun if it is more than like 70 degrees out if you don't work really really fast. You also NEVER EVER want to apply it to a hot vehicle surface( if you do get a buffer and some compound ). Wax MFG's basically say the same thing and you can still do it and be okay. Not so with this stuff. Find a shady spot and make sure the surface is just warm or cool NOT hot.

The glaze goes on just like a liquid wax. Wipe it on and let dry to a haze and then wipe off. You will get a lot of tan lint after but just wipe off with a seperate clean cloth. You will NOT get a shinier result. Remember this stuff does NOT protect like a wax. I have applied it before waxing and after as a gloss booster with excellent results. GREAT to use on a vehicle before a photo shoot or car show.

·
Registered
136 Posts
nice photos here is some more and I really want to know if the 6 speed is better on gas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts