GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 2007 Chevrolet Suburban was introduced at the Los Angeles Auto Show Thursday, January 5, 2006.

The new Suburban is capable of hauling more passengers and cargo than any other vehicle in the segment. It offers world-class safety in the form of a 360-degree safety system of occupant protection and crash-avoidance technology.

The 2007 Suburban will be available in the second quarter of 2006. (General Motors/Steve Fecht) (United States) X06SN_AS011

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome feature. That would come in handy when I'm backing up to a trailer.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... or a light pole. One jumped out and hit the beast and put a small dent in the bumper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The "Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist System" would help you (while traveling in reverse at low speeds) with audio and visual signals :0)
I'd be happy with just the camera, the beeping would be annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I like the rear cam but not the plastic bumpers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
84fiero123 said:
I agree with you there, those plastic bumpers and side panels wouldn't last long if you drive off-road very often.

I see there'll be a Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon in 2008:
http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.aspx?xml=GM2&shw=autoshow2006&src=News
"The Tahoe’s Vortec V8, with automatic cylinder shutdown, will be mated to an electric motor to produce a 25 percent fuel economy improvement, officials said."

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
hybrids

CWF said:
84fiero123 said:
I agree with you there, those plastic bumpers and side panels wouldn't last long if you drive off-road very often.

I see there'll be a Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon in 2008:
  http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.aspx?xml=GM2&shw=autoshow2006&src=News
"The Tahoe’s Vortec V8, with automatic cylinder shutdown, will be mated to an electric motor to produce a 25 percent fuel economy improvement, officials said."
Any improvement in mileage would be greatly apreciated, but not at the expense of hp.
I really think they need more hp. anyway. To most of us that use these for work, power is more important than mileage. Towing with our Burbs is like a right of passage for anyone with these beasts.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think that you've hit the nail right on the head.

There's going to be a split. The mom's who drive the kids to soccer practice are going to want the size and space and grocery carrying volume inside, but they want better gas mileage.

The guys that use these to work and to haul stuff, they NEED HP to get the job done. A lot of the time it's a business expense and fuel is just another line item on the general ledger. Sure, getting fuel economy is great, but not at the expense of HP.

It leaves the guys at GM with a tough decision. What path do they take? Taking both paths costs a lot of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts