GM Truck Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the radio wiring? I just had a new radio installed and I lost all the audible warning chimes. The radio was hard wired in, and I don't know if they left the factory harness in. Also the radio turns off when you shut off the vehicle, not when you open the door like the old one did. Is there a wire that should have been connected somewheer or do I need a different harness? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think Crutchfield has the kit you need to correct this problem. It puts the audible system back so it works with aftermarket radios. this is from their site Installation Details
Fits

Installation Details for your 2006 Equinox

» Your vehicle is factory-equipped with an upgraded sound system. We strongly recommend that you purchase an adapter that maintains your factory door chimes (required for audible safety warnings) and provides a switched 12-volt power source for your new radio. You should not replace your factory radio without this adapter.
Scosche GM databus interface $129.99
» You must use the recommended Crutchfield integration adapter to retain the warning system chimes. Failure to do so may result in serious injury or death.
» If your vehicle has the OnStar system, you'll lose the voice prompts if you replace the factory radio.
» You'll lose your factory XM capability if you replace your factory radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.