GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of an odd situation just started within the past week or so. The stereo (and, of course, entire audio system incl. chimes, etc.) has no power to it when the vehicle is started. But, it sometimes does get power to it. When it does come on, it stays on. However, when it doesn't come on, it stays off, regardless of how long. I'm in the middle of a 1200 mile trip, and would like to determine what the problem might be. Doesn't seem to have any pattern. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as where to start looking?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Has this concern been resolved? Have you contacted your local dealership? Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Kind of an odd situation just started within the past week or so. The stereo (and, of course, entire audio system incl. chimes, etc.) has no power to it when the vehicle is started. But, it sometimes does get power to it. When it does come on, it stays on. However, when it doesn't come on, it stays off, regardless of how long. I'm in the middle of a 1200 mile trip, and would like to determine what the problem might be. Doesn't seem to have any pattern. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as where to start looking?Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Your going to need to get in to the dash and make sure ask the confections are good to the stereo_On star,chimes,etc.all pay through the stereo speakers. So chevh for a bad ground our the interface for all the chimes,onstar, seat belt chime could be acting up.

How many miles do t you have...do you have an extended warranty? If so let the dealership fix it.

If not, stick with us kid :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts