GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my new truck the other night and well its not Loud enough for me. So I am thinking about putting a pro bullet dumped on here but was told that this would mess up my AFM and my engine. Is this true or will the truck just sound like crap when it is running on 4. Does anyone have this done on an 07 or 08? here is a sound clip with a 4.8 so I am assuming it will just be louder on my 5.3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_nBitfxKo&feature=related

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I just got my new truck the other night and well its not Loud enough for me. So I am thinking about putting a pro bullet dumped on here but was told that this would mess up my AFM and my engine. Is this true or will the truck just sound like crap when it is running on 4. Does anyone have this done on an 07 or 08? here is a sound clip with a 4.8 so I am assuming it will just be louder on my 5.3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_nBitfxKo&feature=related
Hey slidnby. I have a 08 silverado with the afm also. U wont notice a difference in sound in your exhaust until u get into passing gear on the highway or open road. I have a flowmaster super 44 on my truck and it sounds great. The only thing is with the AFM it makes a bellaring noice occasionally when it kick into overdrive. U can tell it the most with the cruise on, but as soon as you hit the gas the sound goes back to normal. Hope I helped a little.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a flowmaster 40 series on my 06 5.3 and am not please with the sound at all, I really like how that video clip sounds can anyone give me some more information on that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I ended up going with thrush sound really good.
The original idea was a dyno-max bullet dumped and my buddy did it to his 08 and it was just to loud. My wife drives the Truck more than me I usually drive my Subaru. The kids are always with her and the bullets were way too loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you end up going with the thrush "welded" muffler? how is drone in cab at highway speeds? im thinking about getting one for my 2008 afm 5.3 and also did you just put it in place of the stock muffler? thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I love the Magnaflow exhaust systems. Have it on my 06 Silverado and its great. Helped mileage too!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
i put magnaflow cat back on my 08 5.3l with afm and it sounded pretty crappy until i got a diablosport predator and shut off the afm!! best thing i ever did!!! truck sounds great all the time and with there 87 octane tune the fuel mileage didnt suffer much at all youll love it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts