GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the truck and noticed a set of buttons behind the steering wheel, below the instrument panel. One of the icons/buttons is a phone, the other looks like a # symbol and there is a blinking blue light between the two buttons....does anyone have a clue what this is/does? I looked in the manual and couldn't find anything in the interior section about this area.

Thanks!

Patrick
<photos of the new ride to come shortly>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures of the Buttons...Does anyone know what they do?

I googled the hell out of this and still haven't found anything on any Chevy site that indicates what these two buttons do, nor is the information in the manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does your truck have OnStar built into the mirror? I'm thinking you might have a modified truck where the OnStar controls are down there and not on the default mirror...

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Gotta be a handsfree calling feature. Push the phone symbol and you should hear it say "Onstar Ready". Mine does and I have the Onstar handsfree calling but my buttons are on my steering wheel as well as my rearview mirror. As far as there being both a phone symbol and a # symbol with a blinking blue light, might be an integrated Bluetooth handsfree calling feature.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does your stereo have a bluetooth feature on it?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Bluetooth to answer your cell phone instead of actually picking up your phone, you just hit the button and it should be heard through your stereo, my .02

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still no luck with the buttons

I'm sorry for not checking back sooner. I was setup to get email alerts when someone posted a comment but apparently the good ol' spam filter caught the messages since the address wasn't in my address book.

As far as the specs on my truck...

It's a 2008 LTZ w/ On-Star (hand-free calling on the rear view mirror). I first thought it was bluetooth and before posting on here I tried every sensible key combo to get it to sync w/ my blackberry but no luck. Same thing with trying to get the keypad to appear on the nav screen, or even answer a call. All fell short.

I'm still at a loss as to what the buttons do.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep digging and post once I'm able to track down more information through the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I think it's the activation switch for the optional FCCM (that's the Flux Capaciter Control Module). Not a lot of people have that option, but if you can afford it - and can get 1.21 Jigawatts of energy to power it- it's well worth the money.

:lol: (sorry, long running joke)

... It's got to be something with hands free calling. Wasn't in the owners manual?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts