GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me to a video that shows how to replace the rear glass for me Envoy? The rear defrost does not work and I want to replace it with one that I found from the junk yard. I had some one say it was easy, just remove the bolts, what about the hinge? Can anyone help with this?

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
How about a stupid question before we start!
Are you 100% sure the defrost element is faulty?
If you are just guessing, be sure before you go any farther down the change window road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are just guessing, be sure before you go any farther down the change window road.
If you are just guessing, be sure before you go any farther down the change window.
That’s not a stupid question. When I bought it, I had the dealer attach the wires to the glass(they were unattached for some reason). At that point the bottom 4 lines didn’t work. This winter, some one bumped the wire, and it came off. I tried to clean some of the old “glue” off and re attach it. It didn’t work, maybe I should try to attach a new one to the glass to see if that works??

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
I have used those aftermarket repair kits, had only so so results.

But as you already have a spare glass, try to solder them back on.

Worse case, if the heat breaks the glass, you have a spare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a spare yet. I was at the junk yard getting a part for a different car when I decided to look for the glass. I found one in really good shape but didn't have a torx bit with me to try and take it off. I tried to mess with the pins on the hinges, but that didn't work either. I want to go back to get that glass, but don't know how to get it off. I look on YouTube and believe it or not, I could find a video for it. I was told that all I had to do was remove the bolts..... I think there's more to it than that, but I really don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts