GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. I'd stay away from RoughCountry lifts. Poor quality and enginneering. Go with a Rancho kit. You won't regret it. Check out ajarman and mfleetwood on this site.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I am loving my Rancho kit and the adjustable RS9k shocks ride great! Well worth the money!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think it was rockstarchevy that said he was going to remove his rough country cause it rode really bad or some thing like that you might wanna ask him.

But where are you in Texas? You close to the dallas area? Im in flower mound if you know where that is

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like I'm going to stay away from the rough country for sure. The ride of my buddy's truck is like a cadillac. Think he has the Rancho 6" adjustable.

BigMike-- I'm down here in Clear Lake (20 miles south of Houston). Isnt Flower Mound a little northwest of Dallas?

SNV30842_small.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Rancho 4" kit rides pretty darn good. I've got the adjustable shocks on mine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
oh ok i gotcha on clear lake my unlce used to have a ranch near there. But ive heard nothin but good things from the rancho kit. One of my buds used to have it on his 2001 tahoe and you could barley feel the ride difference between the factory and the lift. Pretty good offroad to

·
Registered
183 Posts
A lot comes from the shocks.

I've heard many of people say that they wish they had spent a little extra money in the beginning to get the ride they want.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
And with the $500 rebate right now it is well worth it to get the nicer shocks.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I ordered mine from Amazon and with the rebate it was right at 28% off!! If you do go with Amazon make sure you do quantity of 2 for the struts and shocks...learned it the hard way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a friend with a 2010 Tundra crew cab that has a 6 1/2 inch RC lift on it and he has had no problems with it and it rides quite comfortably. I will say that having come from the Jeep world that RC used to have a bad name in that community as well; but, they are becoming increasingly popular because they have done two very important things....1) increased the quality of their parts/ride and 2) managed to keep their prices the same/below what they used to be.....I would not be afraid today to try RC but I went with Teraflex on my Jeep because I wanted some of the best quality right out of the gate. I haven't been in a rig with Rancho parts on it but I have not heard much negative on them either. Just my .02 as a newb.

Sam

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
What exactly did you type in the search on Amazon? I cant find it anywhere. View attachment 29055
What I did was called up Rancho and told them what truck I have and what kit I was looking at IE the Black with RS9kXL shocks. They gave me all the part numbers and I just plugged them into Amazon. Here is what I ordered.

RS999297 Need 2 of these
RS999786 Need 2 of these
RS6583B

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got another question... I'm thinking about adding a 1.5" body lift to the 4" Rancho lift kit. What do yall think about that? Will I still be able to use my front tow hooks?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Depends on the BL brand. I think it is the PA BL or the RCX BL that allows you to use the tow hooks. Sorry I don't remember the brand but that should point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i'll research it. That was a huge issue I was dealing with. I use the tow hooks all the time for pulling rocks and downed trees out of the way.

By the way...thanks for all of your help. I would have been going in completely the wrong direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
No worries, that is what this forum is for! So did you pull the trigger on the Rancho???!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Zone Offroad's 1.5" body lift allows for tow hooks to be used. All you do is flip it upside down and drill one hole. I have that kit on my truck, just don't have tow hooks because of the brush guard.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts