GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the bilstein 5100's with shock/strut combo. Since i have a 7.5 lift already and it say's for the front it's adjustable from 0" to 2" inches of lift.. Will this work and lift my front a few inches.. I wouldn't mind it being a lil bit higher in the front and then maybe could run bigger tire's but if anyone has info please let me know.. I found a pair for 240 which isn't bad..

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Also i was wondering if i added a 2 inch add a leaf in the rear would that work also. I would have 9.5 inchs without a bodylift.. just tryin to figure out if i can run this setup or not..

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
You have to watch your drive shaft angles, thats one reason most lifts are about 6". Also your upper control arm may rub on the spring.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i just gave it some thought though ha.. but i am looking forward to upgrading shock's and prob a 1inch add a leaf in the rear to level it out completly...........

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I dont know on the fronts (I have shocks there), but on the rears bilstein only had a set for 6" of lift. I have more than that in the rear as well (5" block, aal, airbags)so I ended up going with the 5150 series shocks (instead of 5100) they are universals that come in lengths rather than looking them up by make and model. I went with the longest ones which were almost 35" fully extended (the ones for a 6" lift were 32" i think). these put the piston at about the mid point of its travel when installed. I dont remember the part number off hand.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------
ok they were in the 5125 series when I bought them but they are back in the 5100's. the part number I had was F4-BE5-6250-H5 which their new number is 33-185576. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSN-33-185576/

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah man i have 7.5 inch lift in the front and a 6.5 inch block in the back so those shock's def. probably wouldn't work but the longer ones you said that were universals prob. would fit and do better being not extended all the way out..

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
One way to make sure they will be long enough and they should, is to measure the distance from the lower eylet to the upper eyelet of the shock bracket. I think mine was somewhere around 27". I think up to around 30" from bracket to bracket is in the upper range for a shock like above that has a 35" extended length as it would put you in the top 1/3 of the travel. I've definately been much happier with the bilsteins over the procomps that were on it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the name and code for the bilsteins and the website i could get them..

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I got mine from essexdistributors.ca as i'm in Canada.Just go to the site and punch in your year,make and model and it will give you the part numbers.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could buy a set for the front and back of my truck right. I'm thinkin soon i mihgt just order a pair then sometime after buy another pair since it's $160 bucks for 2 lol hopefully they are worth it and ride better than the rough country shocks i have.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I could buy a set for the front and back of my truck right. I'm thinkin soon i mihgt just order a pair then sometime after buy another pair since it's $160 bucks for 2 lol hopefully they are worth it and ride better than the rough country shocks i have.
The 5100 front leveling shocks have matching rear shocks.I'm positive you will be happy with the ride!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Here is for the rear. 33-185576. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BSN-33-185576/ . BSN is added in front of the part number on summit racing. you need the coil overs for the front right? So I dont know on the fronts. Mine are just shocks up front.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man for going out of your way finding this for me this help was needed bud i appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts