GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the dash trim around the radio and heater controls just pop off? I have pulled a little but dont want to pull too hard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes they do. There are 9 clips all together. I thought it was pretty simple except for the clips are in there pretty tight. It was helpful to use plastic wedges so the molding wouldn't pop back into place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that was a lot easier than I thought. I was just scared i was gonna break something on my new truck... Pulls out like a champ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes they do. There are 9 clips all together. I thought it was pretty simple except for the clips are in there pretty tight. It was helpful to use plastic wedges so the molding wouldn't pop back into place.
So, If I want to get to the radio I can pop the dash off? And to take the dash off, I do nothing but pull it off? nothing to worry about? and goes right back in easy? I'm trying to check if my Radio has the Aux adaptor in the back so I know if I can run my subs or not. Its a 2009 Texas Edition Silverado Crew-cab

·
Registered
671 Posts
the trim pops off yes to take the actual dash off is a whole other problem and you'll probably be there a while for that one. the trim does come off relatively easy and should just pop right back in when you are done. you want to be careful to make sure that the clips line back up with the spaces and holes they go back into though and make sure you don't use too much force putting them back in. You could break one or more of the clips off if you aren't careful with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if there are cut sheets showing blow-ups of any of these dash trim pieces and how they are held in place?

·
Registered
539 Posts
by "trim" pieces... would you mean the "wood grain" or the "polished metal" pieces?

·
Registered
144 Posts
by "trim" pieces... would you mean the "wood grain" or the "polished metal" pieces?
i think he's talking about the W/T dash. I'm putting subs in on my truck so I'm looking for help too. there is no aux input for the stock deck, you will need an OEM interface. there's plenty of things to choose from on http://subthump.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts