GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys put two ten inch Memphis Audio's in my truck yesterday. The Amp was running good but i think I tapped into the wrong wire to get my remote signal for the AMP. Does anyone one know which color wire i'm supposed to splice my remote into? I used the yellow wire on the right side if you were looking straight at the HU. O I put my volt meter on the AMP and the power is getting 12V plus but my remote is only getting 1 volt. Thats why i think i grabbed the wrong wire for the remote signal to the amp. :gasp:HEELLLP!! lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
i think it will be either yellow or red if your using the stock HU. if you got into the wrong one then the amp will always be on, even when the truck is off, the amp should have a light somewhere on it and you can use that to tell if you have power to it or not, it should not be on when your truck is off

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured it out for now

Ok guys I figured out what the yellow wire I tapped into is. Its the console and radio dimmer wire. Since my console lights were dimmed low it was only sending one volt once i put it to the maximum amount of power on the console my amped turned on and the tunes were rolling. :rofl: I was going to put in a cut off switch to my system in case i pass the cops or the coppers pull me over for how loud the bass is. but i think i'll keep the remote i have for now so that i can disable the system whenever i feel like and not have to put in a shut off switch.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Where do you have your box, under the backseat? Hows it fit under the seat if thats where its at?

·
Registered
8 Posts
acc wire

hey double check that wire that you put the remote to because on most if not all new chevy's there isnt and acc. wire behind the radio....let me know what the color is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
go to the ignition harness..the wire is brown, its right to the left of the steering colum in the top plug in the BCM, (i believe its a light blue plug) the wire is so dark brown that it almost looks black.. just make sure and test it first. good luck!

this was what someone else told me. i used the yellow wire behind the radio which is the dimmer wire and i use it as a cut off. when i have time i will switch it to the acc wire__________________

·
Registered
8 Posts
dimmer

also its he worst idea to use the dimmer as an acc. for your amp or anything because there is a very high chance of burning out all the lights in your dash. i have scene it many times....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.